Today was officially my rest day but as they say.."no rest for the wicked" and I was pretty wicked with my food intake today. I had to eat out with a vendor, business lunch, and ordering about the healthiest thing on the menu (we are talking salads here) about rocked my calorie scale. Yikes! So I ate close to 1800 something calories today and felt the NEED to move my butt and burn some calories!
Tonight I decided to try a DVD I have had but hadn't actually used yet. It's called "Walk Off the Pounds 3 mile". So I did 3 miles in this cardio packed workout with weights and man did I burn some MAD calories. I was up over 8 calories a minute and burned about 400 in the 45 min workout. It was awesome! Absolutely LOVED it. No impact on my bad knee and all the moves i could do. Now, they were hard, and I was sweating like crazy, but definitely in the "I CAN DO" category!
I am thinking of kicking off my mornings with the video, maybe not all 3 miles but 1 or 2. After all when you have to be at work at 7am, a 45 min workout would mean I would be up waaaay too early :)
I have decided doing the Tony Sculpt at the gym is MUCH better than at home so I can use the free weights. Using those 8 pound weights instead of the bands made a huge difference. I feel muscle aches in places I hadn't before...I have much more control with the free weights and really felt it burning. I am still sore from that workout yesterday!
So, tomorrow is cardio and abs. I'll be "walkin' off the pounds" and then hitting abs with Tony! Not to mention my trip to my new favorite place - LIFETIME FITNESS!!
Let's shed some fat!
Keep Moving,
M E
Tonight I decided to try a DVD I have had but hadn't actually used yet. It's called "Walk Off the Pounds 3 mile". So I did 3 miles in this cardio packed workout with weights and man did I burn some MAD calories. I was up over 8 calories a minute and burned about 400 in the 45 min workout. It was awesome! Absolutely LOVED it. No impact on my bad knee and all the moves i could do. Now, they were hard, and I was sweating like crazy, but definitely in the "I CAN DO" category!
I am thinking of kicking off my mornings with the video, maybe not all 3 miles but 1 or 2. After all when you have to be at work at 7am, a 45 min workout would mean I would be up waaaay too early :)
I have decided doing the Tony Sculpt at the gym is MUCH better than at home so I can use the free weights. Using those 8 pound weights instead of the bands made a huge difference. I feel muscle aches in places I hadn't before...I have much more control with the free weights and really felt it burning. I am still sore from that workout yesterday!
So, tomorrow is cardio and abs. I'll be "walkin' off the pounds" and then hitting abs with Tony! Not to mention my trip to my new favorite place - LIFETIME FITNESS!!
Let's shed some fat!
Keep Moving,
M E


You guys amaze me!! Exercise Heroes!!