I have learned that protecting the privacy of my blog was way more work than I am willing to give so I have made my blog open again and removed the privacy block. Between new reader requests, Blogger not letting people who had access to view the blog to actually see anything, I decided...the hell with it. Read at your own risk - my blanket past, current, and future disclaimer.
Now that's out of the way...onto bidding Week 21 farewell. The last 2 weeks I have actually exercised a minimum of 1 hour every single day, counted ALL my calories and stayed below 1500, had 1,000+ calorie deficit every day, yet somehow managed to GAIN 1.4 pounds. Ugh! I know I know...it could be muscle and all that jazz but seriously after 2 weeks of hard work I wanted to see some decline on the scale...is that too much to ask? Yesterday, after weighing myself and getting discouraged I did the worst thing I could - walked past a cake place at lunch and got the cupcake with the most chocolate on it and ate the whole damn thing. I of course felt like crap after that but did do an hour of activity so hopefully I didn't completely screw up week 22 too.
I am going to make it a point to play tennis at least 5 - 6 times a week. Forget boot camp workouts at the park - tennis is so much more fun and man does it burn calories! Not to mention, working your legs and arms like that builds muscle, so it is a win-win I say...No matter how much I have tried to make myself go into the routine of traditional workouts I don't enjoy them at all. I have to ENJOY exercise in order to make it part of my life long term so that is my new goal. Find things that I LOVE to do and that give me a hell of a workout!
Here is my list so far:
1. Tennis
2. Softball
3. Rollerblading
4. Soccer
5. Walking the dogs
6. Walking/Jogging while Cristian rides his bike
7. Bike riding (I don't have a bike currently though)
Anyone have any ideas on things I can add to my list that provide a good workout but won't bore me to death? :) If so, please share.
My agenda for today is - play tennis and complete the 3 mile boot camp Leslie Sansone video later this evening because now that she has whooped my butt after mile 1 I just HAVE to make it through the whole thing just to show her I can...because that is how I roll :)
Keep Moving,
M E
Now that's out of the way...onto bidding Week 21 farewell. The last 2 weeks I have actually exercised a minimum of 1 hour every single day, counted ALL my calories and stayed below 1500, had 1,000+ calorie deficit every day, yet somehow managed to GAIN 1.4 pounds. Ugh! I know I know...it could be muscle and all that jazz but seriously after 2 weeks of hard work I wanted to see some decline on the scale...is that too much to ask? Yesterday, after weighing myself and getting discouraged I did the worst thing I could - walked past a cake place at lunch and got the cupcake with the most chocolate on it and ate the whole damn thing. I of course felt like crap after that but did do an hour of activity so hopefully I didn't completely screw up week 22 too.
I am going to make it a point to play tennis at least 5 - 6 times a week. Forget boot camp workouts at the park - tennis is so much more fun and man does it burn calories! Not to mention, working your legs and arms like that builds muscle, so it is a win-win I say...No matter how much I have tried to make myself go into the routine of traditional workouts I don't enjoy them at all. I have to ENJOY exercise in order to make it part of my life long term so that is my new goal. Find things that I LOVE to do and that give me a hell of a workout!
Here is my list so far:
1. Tennis
2. Softball
3. Rollerblading
4. Soccer
5. Walking the dogs
6. Walking/Jogging while Cristian rides his bike
7. Bike riding (I don't have a bike currently though)
Anyone have any ideas on things I can add to my list that provide a good workout but won't bore me to death? :) If so, please share.
My agenda for today is - play tennis and complete the 3 mile boot camp Leslie Sansone video later this evening because now that she has whooped my butt after mile 1 I just HAVE to make it through the whole thing just to show her I can...because that is how I roll :)
Keep Moving,
M E


Post a Comment