Today was a calorie scorcher! Lara and I played 2.5 hours of tennis but my armband only counted 1 hour and 30 minutes of that as "Moderate Activity" for me. Either way, I ended up clocking 2 hours of moderate physical activity today and burned over 3,000 calories! Woot!
I am getting better at this tennis gig. Lara (a.k.a AJ - Agassi Jr) is having to break a sweat now. We decided to make things a little more interesting by adding some friendly competition into the mix of things. For each match won you earn a point. We are compiling a list of "things" you can trade your points in for such as: night of pampering complete with a massage, cooking/dish free duty for the day, chore free for the day, etc...Let me just say that when you add some sweet rewards into a pot between 2 highly competitive people you definitely take things from a calorie burner to a calorie scorcher!
Today was the first match under our new competition. For those that are not familiar with the scoring in tennis here is cliff note version - There are 3 sets in a match and each set has 6 games. You have to win 6 games in order to win a set. The player that wins 2 out of 3 sets wins the Match. Lara and I played a total of 21 games today before finishing the match. I don't know how I did it but I WON!!! 2 - 0. That makes 1 point for me! I think I will save up my points for a BIG trade :)
She has improved on her serve since we started playing and I can almost feel a breeze when the ball whizzes by my head. Damn! The woman can hit the bounce out of that ball! Since speed is not in the cards for me I rely on the 2nd best thing...Hit the ball on the opposite end of the court or just over the net and make her RUN :)
I can't wait for match #2 tomorrow!
Keep Moving,
M E
I am getting better at this tennis gig. Lara (a.k.a AJ - Agassi Jr) is having to break a sweat now. We decided to make things a little more interesting by adding some friendly competition into the mix of things. For each match won you earn a point. We are compiling a list of "things" you can trade your points in for such as: night of pampering complete with a massage, cooking/dish free duty for the day, chore free for the day, etc...Let me just say that when you add some sweet rewards into a pot between 2 highly competitive people you definitely take things from a calorie burner to a calorie scorcher!
Today was the first match under our new competition. For those that are not familiar with the scoring in tennis here is cliff note version - There are 3 sets in a match and each set has 6 games. You have to win 6 games in order to win a set. The player that wins 2 out of 3 sets wins the Match. Lara and I played a total of 21 games today before finishing the match. I don't know how I did it but I WON!!! 2 - 0. That makes 1 point for me! I think I will save up my points for a BIG trade :)
She has improved on her serve since we started playing and I can almost feel a breeze when the ball whizzes by my head. Damn! The woman can hit the bounce out of that ball! Since speed is not in the cards for me I rely on the 2nd best thing...Hit the ball on the opposite end of the court or just over the net and make her RUN :)
I can't wait for match #2 tomorrow!
Keep Moving,
M E


Post a Comment