It has been a couple of weeks since I have blogged. Life has been a little more than hectic. I will say that the last time I weighed in I was down to 202.7! Still making my slow downward climb! Monday, August 2nd, I had surgery to remove my lap band. I woke up a lot more sore than I expected I would and to my dismay had a horrible allergic reaction to the glue they used on my incisions which has made healing from surgery a not so pleasant experience. But, I cannot be HAPPIER that the lap band is GONE! Definitely worth gritting the pain of after-surgery!
It is so amazing how different food is now for me. I can eat a strawberry or pineapple chunk and not cringe as I swallow it afraid of it not digesting...Finally, I can eat a HEALTHY meal and hold all of it down. I still have no desire to eat the crappy food. Just because I now can, doesn't mean that I will. I have poisoned my body enough with bad foods the last 30 years. Only fruit, veggies, lean meats, low sugar, and organic/natural foods for this ex-lap bander!
The only downside to my surgery is now i have to wait 6 weeks before I can go back to my exercising routine so my weight loss will take a back seat for a while. Although, I will still be counting my calories I don't expect to see much of a decline. But, hey - at least I know I won't see an incline so that is better than nothing. :)
I am still very sore on my left side where my port was removed and look forward to really feeling back to my old self - pain free. I can't wait to get back on the exercise wagon!
Hope all of you have had much success in your goals the past couple of weeks. Keep up the hard work because YOU are worth it :)
Keep Moving,
M E
It is so amazing how different food is now for me. I can eat a strawberry or pineapple chunk and not cringe as I swallow it afraid of it not digesting...Finally, I can eat a HEALTHY meal and hold all of it down. I still have no desire to eat the crappy food. Just because I now can, doesn't mean that I will. I have poisoned my body enough with bad foods the last 30 years. Only fruit, veggies, lean meats, low sugar, and organic/natural foods for this ex-lap bander!
The only downside to my surgery is now i have to wait 6 weeks before I can go back to my exercising routine so my weight loss will take a back seat for a while. Although, I will still be counting my calories I don't expect to see much of a decline. But, hey - at least I know I won't see an incline so that is better than nothing. :)
I am still very sore on my left side where my port was removed and look forward to really feeling back to my old self - pain free. I can't wait to get back on the exercise wagon!
Hope all of you have had much success in your goals the past couple of weeks. Keep up the hard work because YOU are worth it :)
Keep Moving,
M E


Congratulations on getting to the other side of the surgery. I look forward to having a salad together and to getting back to some Tony workouts when you are ready. Take is slow and steady my friend!!!